Welcome to South Africa we sincerely hope you will enjoy your stay.
Here are a few things you will need to know in order to get to the venue, as well as the conference venue we will be gathering at.
The organizers have reserved a block of rooms at the Premier Hotel OR Tambo which is also the conference venue . This hotel will be housing the WMF-funded Scholarship recipients, WMF staff, board and others. There will also be rooms available for Wiki Indaba attendees to book directly at the same discounted rate. Please mention that you are attending Wiki Indaba when booking directly with the hotel.
If you have been granted a scholarship, please DO NOT book accommodation or travel. The Wiki Indaba travel team will contact you regarding these arrangements.
The Premier Hotel OR Tambo
73 Gladiator Street
Payment Terms & Conditions
Guests (not on scholarship) are to settle own account on checkout. Debit or credit card details are required to secure the reservation.
Shuttle Airport Transfers
The Premier Hotel OR Tambo provides a complimentary shuttle service to and from O R Tambo International Airport.
Please note that the Vehicles are clearly marked with “Premier Hotel O R Tambo” logos.
- As you exit the terminal turn left. Continue to the nearest pedestrian crossing. The sign “Public Transport” will be visible. Continue over the pedestrian crossing into the Car Hire Foyer. Follow through the foyer until you exit into the “Shuttle Pick up point”.
- As you exit the terminal turn right and walk towards the “International Arrivals Terminal “Continue to the nearest pedestrian crossing. A sign “Public Transport” will be visible. Continue over the pedestrian crossing into the car Hire Foyer. Follow through the foyer until you exit into the “Shuttle pick-up Point”.
For those of you who rely heavily on visuals, please download and print the map to the right.
Please note that the shuttle service from the Airport to the Hotel runs on an hourly basis starting at 06:30, and ending at 23:30. We will liaise directly with you if your arrival is outside these times.
Some Do's and Don'ts
- Check all your belongings before leaving the Airport carousel area. If you find anything missing or suspicious, please proceed to the luggage counter and report or enquire. Do this before you leave the airport.
- Carry your own bags or cart them using those Thinga-majics that have wheels. Do NOT accept offers to carry your bags. Oh... and if you feel the urge to use your tablet, do not put it on the Thinga-majic on wheels, once forgotten, it will be almost impossible to locate your tablet again.
- If you get lost in the Airport for some reason or another proceed to the nearest information counter. There should be one located next to the main terminal exits for both Domestic and International sections of the Airport.